Right in the centre of Liverpool, close to Lime Street Railway Station and with easy access to the M62. Lots of public car parking nearby.
What's on offer
Great value meeting and event space for 2-100 delegates. Ideal for interviews, away days, meetings, training courses and networking events. Excellent AV included in room hire rates. Onsite “Brain Café” offers a wide range of healthy and wholesome food. A dedicated IT suite has 12 laptops available to hire. Informal break out areas feature comfy Chesterfield sofas making you feel right at home.
Yes, you would be supporting a great charity if you booked an event here. But The Brain Charity in its own right is a very good venue with all you would expect from a corporate hotel/conference centre in terms of AV and general meeting facilities. But the fabric of the building is just one part of the overall experience. What will bring your event to life and make it a big success are the staff. Everyone you meet genuinely cares, has a passion for customer service and will always go MORE THAN the proverbial extra mile to deliver. Totally inclusive and fully accessible, room rates offer amazing value and if nothing else you should simply go there for the lovingly prepared food. This venue offers so much more than simply tick a social responsibility box.
STARTER FOR 10:
You walk through the automatic entry doors and its hits you. An overwhelming sense of warmth, kindness and happiness. Smiling faces everywhere and the most wonderful wafting aromas that draw you to the café. Welcome to The Brain Charity and welcome to no ordinary venue.
For over 25 years The Brain Charity has been supporting people with a range of neurological conditions from stroke and brain injuries to dementia and neuropathy. The full-time staff of 30 together with an army of volunteers offer advice and practical help, arranging social activities and guidance for all who need it.
This “family community” is a hive of positive activity. And the good news is that bookers of events, meetings and training courses can use the excellent onsite facilities, safe in the knowledge that they will be supporting the great work of the centre and their delegates will have a great experience they won’t forget.
All staff offer a first-class professional service and have extensive experience of hosting a myriad of different events for clients within the public, private and charity sectors. They are rightly proud of their client retention record and it’s easy to see why people keep coming back time after time.
WHY SO SPECIAL?
The hub in the central atrium is where it all happens. Home of the café and always buzzing, this is a great area for networking and small exhibitions with the three main meeting rooms radiating from the hub. Cleverly, the main meeting room is constructed using two retractable walls which gives maximum flexibility. Open up the main central divider and 100 delegates can be seated theatre style. Divide down the middle and create two rooms which comfortably seat cabaret groups of 30. Or push back both walls and extend into the café for even more space.
To the right of the hub is a bright, light meeting room which uniquely has superb artwork adhorning every wall which can’t fail to impress. Natural light streams in and the in-house AV systems including digital whiteboard and Wi-Fi access are all included in the room rates ensuring budgets are maximised.
It won’t be long before you will know many members of the wonderful team, some of whom have neurological conditions. Sarah, Carl, Rose, Chris, Carolyn and Greg are there to assist from the initial enquiry until the last delegate has left. They are happy to share what works best depending on the type of event and their experience of hosting a medical training course for 12, a business network reception for 50 or a corporate presentation for 100 shines through should you need guidance and help.
Breaks from event or training programmes should always be factored in to keep delegates concentration levels high. But don’t just pick up your coffee and return to your room. Spend your break interacting with the amazing people who use The Brain Charity all the time. You’ll quickly meet new friends and hear some amazing stories about the journeys that many people have been on. Lunch is a perfect time to immerse yourself into the World of others sharing the fantastic freshly prepared food. Choose from Fruity Pork Loin Steaks, a tasty vegetable quiche or keep it simple with a Roast Aubergine Soup. All diets are catered for and you can experience anything from a sandwich to a three-course lunch, dishes created by in-house chefs who firmly believe that certain conditions and symptoms can be managed by what we eat and drink.
Mindfulness and wellbeing may be current buzzwords, but staff and visitors to The BC have benefitted from learning and support in this area for many years. So why not consider talking to the team about incorporating themed sessions into your conference and event programme to create an interesting diversion?
Last but not least, mention must be made of the special rates on offer. There is complete flexibility depending on whether you want to hire a room for a half, full day, evening or weekend. Book one or two rooms, the seminar and lounge areas or the entire Building. Check out the special hourly rates for the Interview/Counselling Rooms and then decide what level of refreshments you want to add. With a refreshing cup of tea for just 60 pence and a lovely Latte for just over a £1, prices won’t break the bank – good news if you are on a tight budget where every penny counts.
GOOD TO KNOW!
- The Brain Charity was one of the pioneering accessible venues, long before the Government’s Disability Discrimination Act (DDA). Disabled parking spaces, wide automatic doors, lifts and total recognition that disability is not always something you can see!
- You may be concerned that the AV and Wi-Fi infrastructure is not up to scratch. Well don’t worry, it is. Check out the many positive testimonies from training companies who regularly use The Brain Charity and totally rely on everything working.
- The IT Suite is an oasis of calm and could be a useful training aid.
- Looking for a quiet place to undertake a private meeting for a couple of people or perhaps an offsite interview location away from your office? Use the counselling rooms for just £12 an hour.
- Fancy a singsong? Well you can if somebody in your group can play a piano which is available for use.
- Don’t forget that if you are a charity with a turn-over of under £1million, you can get up to a further 40% of your room hire rates. This makes what are already great rates, absolutely fantastic.
BEAR IN MIND…
- Be prepared for terrible tummy rumbling! The wonderful smells emanating from the café are guaranteed to make your tummy rumble within minutes of entering the building. But don’t worry, this stops immediately you start eating some of the scrummy food!
- Perhaps an obvious thing to state. This is not a hotel. It’s a charity with very good meeting space and excellent staff.
- The Brain Charity is a working organisation and has clients who use the services and rooms within the building some of the time. This is a positive to many clients who see this as creating an inclusive environment.
- The car parking is limited. There are sufficient spaces for people with mobility issues, event facilitators and course leaders. The good news however is that there are numerous nearby car parks, with the venue recommending the Parkopedia app – https://en.parkopedia.com/ – which shows parking availability and rates in the immediate area. Lime Street Rail station is less than five minutes away.
- There are two or three informal areas where a small number of people can break out from the main training or plenary rooms. The café is popular in the atrium or take advantage of the comfy sofas and chairs near the main entrance and put your feet up.
- Bring your camera or phone as you will be blown away by the quality of the artwork around the building. Our favourite is the large collage of images in the atrium above the meeting room entrance.
- If you are a book reader, do your bit for The Brain Charity. Bring any book you’ve read, leave it the foyer library and then bag a bargain as you take home a best seller. Plus, the merchandise on offer is really worth a look.
IT’S A WRAP – SERVICE IS THE SECRET
You’ve probably realised by now we’re a big fan of The Brain Charity. Yes, great meeting rooms and the food choices will make your mouth water. But at the end of the day it all comes down to the people – the full timers and passionate volunteers that make this venue a bright beacon of light in a world which for many is filled with dark clouds. One client recently wrote after their event “the atmosphere in the building is very welcoming and inclusive” and this perfectly sums up the over-riding feeling that many people experiences.
By booking your next event at The Brain Charity you will not only be guaranteeing a successful event but the money you pay will go towards an amazing cause and one which deserves support. To find out more, check out the link to find out more about The Brain Charity –