Fancy this take on overnight oats. Thanks to Richmond hill for this Healthy Bircher recipe, but remember to soak your oats the night before!
- 50g Oats
- 10g Toasted almonds
- 100ml Almond Milk
- 15g Dried fruit apricots and banana
- 1 Tsp Goji berries and coconut
- Fresh Greek yogurt
- Chia seeds
Bircher is usually made the night before, the oats then soften and all the flavours of the ingredients can blend together.
Night before –
- Put the oats, chia seeds toasted almonds and dried fruits into a bowl or container, pour over the almond milk.
- Mix well, then cover and pop into the fridge overnight.
- Chia seeds give a rich creaminess – if you don’t want to add chia, just don’t add as much milk.
- In the morning – add fresh, Greek, full fat yogurt and sprinkle the goji berries and coconut on the top
If you are vegan you can replace the Greek yogurt with coconut yogurt or any soya based yogurt
A NOTE ON CHIA SEEDS: these amazing little seeds boost the nutritional value of the breakfast tenfold. You’ll find them in health food shops and in big supermarkets beside the nuts and seeds. Chia seeds were the food of choice of Aztec and Mayan warriors, and a single tablespoon would keep them going for 24 hours. They are high in protein, so they’re perfect for breakfast time.