Highfield Park are looking forward to opening its doors to you all, they have undertaken intensive preparations and cleaning procedures to ensure they are in excellent condition for when they can open.
A letter from Kirsty Ewart, General Manager – Highfield Park
Dear Conference Guest
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Highfield Park and we would like to assure you that we are taking every step possible to ensure your safe return. We have put into place social distancing measures to protect both our colleagues and our guests during this time.
We would like to ask you to play your part in this process too and while you are on site with us at Highfield Park, we would ask that you do the following:
- Please always respect all social distancing rules that have been put in place and follow them whenever possible.
- Please comply with requests to sanitize your hands and any equipment where necessary, we have made signage and instructions as clear and simple as possible to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding.
- On arrival your temperature will be taken, if your temperature is high or you fail to comply with this request you will be denied access to the building.
- Please follow the floor markings setting out social distancing measures and one ways systems were in place.
- Please follow instructions or requests from our colleagues if you do not you may be asked to leave the premises for the safety of everyone else on site.
- If you or anyone in your household is showing any signs or symptoms relating to Covid-19 please do not travel to Highfield Park. If we notice anyone with such symptoms, we will ask them to leave the premises.
Thank you for supporting us in these unprecedented times and helping us to keep everyone who visits Highfield Park safe and healthy. Please beware that this is a working document and changes may be made in line with government advice and industry best practice. If you have any questions regarding any of our social distancing measures please do contact your event organiser or a member of the Highfield Park team and we will be happy to discuss this with you.
Highfield Park, Church Lane, Heckfield, Nr Hook, Hampshire, RG27 0LG
‘The New Normal’ Trust in Highfield Park
This document that we would like to share with you to demonstrate our commitment to The New Normal, is very much a working document and will be an ongoing as we update in line with government and guidelines, announcements, and industry best practice.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: 2 Meters distance between our Front of House team and our guests at Reception, Public Areas and Corridors with clearly marked floor signage.
- Temperature checks will be carried out for all guests arriving on site, failure to comply with this request or a high temperature will result in you being asked to return home and entry to the building will not be permitted.
- Enhanced cleaning practices in conjunction with Ecolab our chemical provider in all public areas, washrooms and lift.
- The team will have been provided with the relevant PPE.
- DISINFECTION STATIONS: Provision of stations at primary entrances and key high traffic areas, for instance, a station to allow guests to wipe washroom doors before opening.
- All furniture in our Restaurants, Lounges and Meeting Rooms will be disinfected twice a day.
- Antibacterial hand gel to be available for all guests to pick up from Reception included in the toiletry’s amenities pack, as well as been available at the disinfection stations.
- Hourly checks of all toilets, washrooms, staircases, door handles etc. in public areas.
- Guests will be asked to use card payment only, where contactless is not possible then PDQ machines will be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe before and after each guest use.
- Dedicated rubbish bins for disposal of used PPE at exit points and staff areas.
- All team members will/have been re-trained in line with Ecolab on the new cleaning process for hygiene and cleanliness in all areas of the hotel.
- All team members will have completed re-certification of H&S Levels 1&2, Food Safety Levels 1& 2 and Covid-19 Awareness Training in conjunction with Flow Hospitality.
- We have enough car parking to ensure that team members can travel into work on their own, to prevent the need for car sharing. The team will use a separate car parking area to guests.
- We will continue to monitor the health of our team and our guests. Any team member with symptoms or someone in their household who has symptoms will self-isolate in line with PHE guidelines.
- Staff will have their temperature checked on arrival at work.
- All our booking channels and areas in the hotel will follow the same actions, we will have the right to ask a guest to leave if a guest is showing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 for the security and protection of its guests and team members.
- The team are working with the HBAA and Quality in Tourism to gain the new Safe, Clean and Legal accreditation.
- Bedrooms will have the 5 Key Critical Touch Point Cleaning, this focusing on touch points including, handles, switches, remote controls, and high contact furniture.
- BEDROOM ENTRY RESTRICTED. No access will be made to the bedroom during a guest stay. Housekeeping or Maintenance team members will only enter the bedroom on the guests request, to re service the bedroom or fix a reported maintenance issue. If a member of staff is requested to enter a bedroom whilst the room is occupied the team member will be wearing PPE and the guest will be asked to leave the room so social distancing can be maintained.
- Guests will be given an information sheet prior to arrival detailing their responsibilities on appropriate distancing where possible.
- Guests will be asked to USE CARD PAYMENTS ONLY- PDQ machines will be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe after each guest use.
- We will work with our guests to prevent congestion whether at arrival or departure with the use of pre check in and express check out.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
- Specific times will be assigned to each group, observing social distancing at the coffee points.
- Additional hand sanitizer, gloves and antibacterial wipes will be available for customers use on touch point areas of the station.
- Social distancing floor markers will be in place at coffee points.
- Guests attending a meeting, conference or training will be given an information sheet prior to arrival detailing their responsibilities on appropriate distancing where possible.
- Meeting hosts will be asked to outline protocols for entering, leaving rooms, congregating at breaks and mealtimes, or at the beginning or ends of the meeting.
- Guests will be asked to remain in allocated seats, for duration of the meeting. Stationary will be removed and provided on request.
- Water fountains will not be in place in the meeting room, we will provide individual bottled water instead.
- The usual paper, pads and sweets will not be set out on the tables, we can provide these to the meeting organiser on request.
- All meeting rooms, tables and chairs will be deep cleaned between each meeting group use.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- To begin with our usual restaurant offering will not be available, we will work with each group to arrange a private lunch option for you.
- When the restaurant is back in operation buffet food will be set in takeaway boxes, grab & go option or individually plated, customers will have no contact with service utensils and plates on buffet line.
- Room service breakfast will be available to overnight guests and will be delivered in line with social distancing guidelines.
- Room service evening meals will be available to overnight guests and will be delivered in line with social distancing guidelines.
- Tables within the Restaurant will be set out to social distancing guidelines once the restaurant re-opens.
- Dining times will be staggered to ensure social distancing can be adhered to once the restaurant reopens.