A pioneer of photography as a fine art, Julia Margaret Cameron (1815-1879) was a woman ahead of her time, renowned for her portraits of ‘famous men and fair women’, many of which were created at Dimbola. The house became of focal point for a crowd of bohemian artists, writers and poets, such as Poet Laureate Alfred Lord Tennyson, G.F. Watts and Lewis Carroll.
Visit us for:
- Year round exhibits celebrating Julia’s life and work
- Vintage cameras
- Programme of changing exhibitions
- Victorian dressing-up room
- Isle of Wight Festival displays
- FREE entry to the award-winning Tea Room and Museum Gift Shop
Isle Of Wight,
contact detailsWebsite: http://www.dimbola.co.uk
There are currently no reviews for this venue. Be the first to leave a review.
great things to know
5 great things to know coming soon…