Blackwood RFC was founded in 1889 and has been a member of the Welsh rugby Union since 1918. The Club has steadily improved its status over the years and the First XV currently play in the First Division of the Welsh National League being one of the top 24 clubs in Wales.
The Club also runs two youth teams together with a flourishing mini and junior section providing coaching and playing facilities for 180 players at all age group levels.
In the 1960's the Club purchased an old police station and converted it for use as a clubhouse. It is situated in the middle of a residential area, not an ideal situation for either party. The Club also own their playing field at Glan- Yr-Afon with changing rooms on the ground.
In 1997 a new 800-seater stand was constructed with the capital coming from a very successful centenary year, match sponsorship and donations paying for the work which was carried out.
Hall Street, Blackwood,
contact detailsWebsite: www.blackwoodrfc.com
- M4 JCT 27 (8.8 miles)
- M4 JCT 26 (9 miles)
- M4 JCT 30 (9 miles)
There are currently no reviews for this venue. Be the first to leave a review.
great things to know
5 great things to know coming soon…